Hello!! Well, I am here later than I had planned, but I am here none-the-less!
Welcome to the newest of the weekly posts that I will be starting, Pinterest Inspired Projects! I am pretty darn excited about this one. I don’t know about you all, but I can pin the heck out of some things, and I thought it was about time to actually make some of them, rather than just say “Hey, that’s a great idea!” So, whether it be projects, cards, layouts, home decor or recipes, I am going to share with you what I am making. Whether they are a hit, miss or anywhere in between. And, hopefully inspire you to try your own!
I am going to apologize right off the bat for the bad lighting in the pictures through the making process of this particular project. My lighting was not very good in my craft room when I took them, but the pictures of the finished products are much better. 🙂
For my first foray into the making of my PIPs I decided to go with a pretty simple one.
This let me accomplish a couple of my favorite pastimes: thrifting and crafting. I love to go to the local thrift stores and look at all the old dishware and china. The items I drool over do not tend to fit with the theme of our house, but I love the patterns anyway.
Here is the project that I first saw on Pinterest. It is a candle holder made from a teacup and plate. (I had seen some of these on Etsy also and thought they were pretty cool.)
Here is the original post where the picture came from.
And here is how I made mine:
First, I gathered the items that I would need to make the candle holder:
A teacup and plate (Mine happen to be coordinating, but they do not not have to.)
E6000 glue (I have seen other people use a glue gun.)
You need to make sure that the cup and plate are clean and dry.
I turned the plate over and made some marks with a pencil in order to know where to place the glue on the plate. If you use the E6000 glue, it suggests that you place glue on both items where they will be held together.
As you can see below, I accidentally dropped some glue on the plate. I quickly used some paper towel to wipe it up. It came off pretty easy.
Next, following the glue package directions, I let the glue sit for two minutes.
And then pressed the cup and plate together.
I let the glue cure for about 48 hours before I attempted to handle it.
And here is the finished product:
I also made a second one as a gift for someone. I used a flameless candle for this one.
All in all, this was an extremely easy project to do. I think I may add some small items around the candles to dress them up a bit yet.
And here is another project that I found that you could also make from the teacups and plates, which I love:
And here is the original post from that project.
Well, I hope you enjoyed today’s post and please leave me feed back on what you think about this or any other things that are happening around here. I love to hear from you!